Court reporters have been creating transcripts from audio content for many years to assist legal professionals with their cases. Because of the continuous advancement of technology, it has certainly improved the way audio transcription is done and court reporting companies can provide their clients with high-quality, accurate and timely transcripts.
When it comes to audio transcription services, it is a great advantage for legal professionals and law firms who are looking to save time and money with their documentation tasks and procedures. Performing audio transcription services for an important case can be a very time-consuming task for attorneys, lawyers, and other paralegals and this is why legal professionals are outsourcing their audio transcription tasks to reliable and well-trained court reporters to help them save time, focus better on their cases, and enhance their productivity.
Benefits of Audio Transcription Services
• Audio transcription uses digital files: A reliable firm would use up-to-date sophisticated technologies and the latest software to convert audio files to text. They can handle various audio file formats such as MP3, WAV, AU, and more.
• Accurate transcripts: Professional court reporting firms would ensure their transcripts are highly accurate. Their team of audio transcribers would be trained in legal terminology and jargon as well as possessing excellent listening and comprehensive skills to catch important words and different accents. Also, the transcribed documents will undergo stringent quality checks to assure accuracy levels of up to 99 percent.
• Saves resources: Attorneys, lawyers, and other paralegals receiving high-quality audio transcription services mean they can save time and money that would have gone into hiring additional staff to do the job in-house. They can also save on space, infrastructural expenses, and investment in new technologies and training programs.
• Secure handling of legal data: When legal professionals hire a reputable court reporting firm to perform audio transcriptions, they do not have to worry about the safety of the information on their sensitive audio files when they are sent out for transcription. A reliable legal transcription company would make sure that their procedures ensure utmost confidentiality and security for the files with measures such as:
– FTP and browser-based 256-bit encryption for safe file transfer.
– Onsite confidentiality with password-protected computers and staff trained on privacy rules pertaining to client data.
• Cost-effective: Legal audio transcription services are very cost-effective. Established court reporting firms can help their clients to scale their own services from doing the transcriptions themselves and to help ensure their clients are saving up to 30 to 40 percent on their transcriptions.
Now that you know how legal professionals can benefit from using audio transcription services, you should gain all these benefits by teaming up with a reliable legal transcription company such as California Deposition Reporters for your next case. At CalDep, we offer to help our clients to evaluate and interpret their audio transcriptions in the state of California.